Based on the current information, which is subject to change due to the COVID-19 pandemic, below are a list of frequently asked questions and answers:
- Will my child’s temperature be checked daily prior to entering the classroom? Yes, temperature checks will be done daily. As our policy states, if your child has a temperature of 100 degrees or more, he/she will not be able to attend school.
- Will Little Shepherds Staff temperatures be checked daily?
Yes, all staff will be temperature checked prior to entering the preschool.
- Will Little Shepherds Preschool students be required to wear masks? No.
- Will the staff of Little Shepherds Preschool be required to wear masks? Yes, when 6 feet of social distancing is not possible.
- What happens if a student or staff member at Little Shepherds Preschool tests positive for COVID-19? Little Shepherds Preschool will follow the guidelines of the CDC and contact the Polk County Health Department for further guidance regarding possible closure.
- Will I still have to pay my tuition if Little Shepherds Preschool is closed due to a positive case of COVID 19? If the preschool is closed, you will be responsible for that month’s tuition.
- Will visitors be allowed to enter the preschool during hours of operation? No.
- What additional precautions will Little Shepherds Preschool take? To limit exposure in shared spaces, modifications have been made to our music, bathroom, and playground schedule. Additional handwashing times have been incorporated in the daily schedule. Modifications have also been made to the drop off and pick up procedures (more details are in the orientation packet).
- What is the Little Shepherds Preschool’s illness policy? Your child must stay home if your child has had a fever during the previous 24 hours; has a cold with a nasal discharge and/or constant cough; has symptoms of a possible communicable disease. These symptoms may include reddened eyes, sore throat, headache, diarrhea, or abdominal pain. Children who have a persistent runny nose, rash, or skin condition due to allergies, or asthma, must provide documentation of the condition from a doctor before the child can return to preschool.
- How will Little Shepherds Preschool be sanitized daily? We have intensified cleaning and disinfection efforts, including a focus on toys, games, and other objects and surfaces that are frequently shared. Nightly cleaning of the entire preschool area continues to be provided by E&A Cleaning Service.
- What do I do if I want to unenroll my children from attending Little Shepherds Preschool for the 2020/2021 school year? Notify the preschool office immediately. All registration fees are non-refundable.